Not as Easy as It Looks

This is just the mindless ramblings of a college graduate (double major in political science and criminal justice) and her attempts to join the United States military. You better start here...

01 January 2007

Year in Review

"Here we are in a month named after the Roman god Janus, an appropriate personification of the start of the new year. This particular Roman god had two faces so that he could look ahead toward the future and back at the past at the same time. As we get rid of an old year and look forward to a new one, we all try to be a little like Janus. We know through experience what we did wrong and what we did right, and hope to do better this year. Some people make ambitious new year’s resolutions; others just take a deep breath and hope for the best..."

Complete Speaker's Almanac


New Year's was a good one. Best New Year's EVER!! Why?? Here's why:



My friend Dan finally took me to a Chris Cagle concert, after two previous attempts to do so. I owe him big time. That seriously was the best night ever!! I love Chris Cagle. And we were RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE STAGE! Like, I was touching the stage. Dan even grabbed me the playlist that was taped on the stage that Cagle sweated all over. Hehe...anyway. I hope having a good new year's celebration is an indication of the year to come. With that said...I think it's time for me to reflect on the year I left behind...

High points
1. Duh. Last night. Seeing Chris Cagle. That was great.
2. Seeing the Avalanche play at the Pepsi Center. That, too, was fuckin' awesome.
3. Finally getting out of Michigan. I needed to, and I've made some great friends down here...I think it's changed me a lot, and it's a welcome change. The southern attitude is a lot more laidback, and that's what I need. I don't stress as much as I used to.
4. I had a great birthday. First one in a while. I owe my friends back in Michigan for that. Sure, I got completely shitfaced and had the worst hangover ever, but it was fun...what I can remember of it.

Low points
1. Leaving Michigan. I know, I know. I put it as a high point, but it was also a low point. I miss my family and my friends that are up there...
2. Fuckin' getting RBJ'd again. Seriously. That kinda pissed me off, especially if you know the back story behind it.
...that's really kinda it. I mean, it hasn't been a bad year, but it hasn't necessarily been a good year either. Just another year. So what's to come???

My New Year's Resolutions
1. Fuckin' leave for basic training already.
2. Be able to do multiple pullups.
3. Complete a couple 5ks and 10ks.
4. Be abe to do 50 pushups/80-100 situps in two minutes.
5. Get down to between 15-17% body fat. Currently at 19%.
6. Drop 20 lbs.

That's it. Just wanted to post a blog for the new year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home