Not as Easy as It Looks

This is just the mindless ramblings of a college graduate (double major in political science and criminal justice) and her attempts to join the United States military. You better start here...

22 June 2006

"I Feel a Big Blog Coming On!"

"When women are good at what they do, they are not characterized as assertive. They are accused of being ballbusters or bitches. This is a struggle that is magnified in the military because it is still such a male environment – a weird little microcosm of society on steroids."
Kayla Williams, Love My Rifle More Than You (278)


Okay...first off...I found my next car...holy fuck, it's hot...I've seen 'em around town and I want my own!! Say hello to the Dodge Charger SRT8:



6.1L Hemi V8...425 HP...420 ft/lb of torque...mmm...if I were a guy, I'd...nevermind. Moving on...

...I spent a week as an engaged woman. Then I changed my mind (typical female, eh??). I mean, Mike's a great guy and all, but I don't think our relationship is solid enough yet to get married. I mean, that's a lifelong commitment that I'm just not ready for!! He's into God, I'm into...uh...no God? Our communication styles are different. He's in the Air Force...getting stationed in MISSOURI. My job in the Army will station me at Ft. Bragg, NORTH CAROLINA. I've never been the type of girl to want to be the perfect wifey/mother...it's always been about my career. We're just...different. Plus, we only dated for a little bit (and I mean little) before he left for the Air Force. I haven't seen him since April 4th.

Anyway, I got a phone call from my Army recruiter this morning. I kinda looked at my phone like, "What the fuck??" We chatted for a bit...he asked where I'd been...I asked if he normally forgets to return phone calls...haha...I'm going in sometime next week to see him...Kinda renewed my motivation. It was a much needed phone call...

...but I guess Randy took that to mean I needed my ass kicked. So, HE decided going to the ten-mile marker wasn't enough...oh nooo...Onward to the eleven-mile marker! Sure, it's only two miles more (round trip, dude), but damn...that's still a killer...so, twenty-two miles. TWENTY-TWO. I was seriously feelin' like shit towards the five-mile marker on the way back. And I turned into a major bitch (Sorry Randy!!)...and I started getting a cramp in my stomach. I just whine too much. Thanks a lot Randy...He's become my financial adviser, love guru, and now personal trainer. I should pay him. Should. Hahah...

That's kinda all that's been going on. OH! I took the test for the Border Patrol on Tuesday. Needless to say, I'm glad I studied. I was done with the Artifical Language portion of the test in 45 minutes...and I had rechecked it in that time period. I had an hour left to just SIT THERE. Blah!! I thought I was going to go insane. Dunno how I did, dunno when I'll find out...I'll letch'all know...

1 Comments:

  • At 14 September, 2006 11:42, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    After reading back further in your blog entries, I see that you are intelligent, literate and creative. Now, why exactly are you looking at the military again? Far be it for me to discourage anyone, but you have character traits (those above) that aren't necessarily valued in the military. On the other hand, if they are combined with a sense of humor, an ability to not take other people being a dick to you personally and an ability to organize stuff and get it done on time, well then, halleluyah.

    The part the recruiter never tells you about is all of the stupid crap we have to do...the kinds of briefings and training that are never as cool as the tanks firing rounds downrange like they show you in the recruitment office.

    On the other hand, the military continues to be the model social experiment. There is better racial and ethnic integration in our organization that anywhere else I have ever seen.

    Anyhow, keep truckin' on.
    Sue

     

Post a Comment

<< Home