Not as Easy as It Looks

This is just the mindless ramblings of a college graduate (double major in political science and criminal justice) and her attempts to join the United States military. You better start here...

08 September 2005

Status Update

"Satisfaction lies in the effort, not in the attainment, full effort is full victory."
Mahatma Gandhi


So...let's see...where were we last? Oh yeah...Eleven days...Ha...I was unsure if I could process since the 17th was a Saturday, and I found out that it's a non-processing Saturday (sometimes, normally prior to Mission Day, they open up processing on Saturdays)...So, now I hafta wait until that following Tuesday to go down...I guess they had some problems from other stations where recruiters were falling asleep on the drive to/from Chicago, so they've put a new procedure in place...Every Tuesday, a shuttle from Lansing goes to Chicago for those of us "fat" recruits that hafta process through their ARMS program...Anyway...By then, if I drop another 5-10lbs I should actually be under the normal Army regulations anyway, and won't have to go through the ARMS program...But, since Chicago was the MEPS that first DQ'd me, I hafta go back there and process...jerks...But, unlike last visit, I'm not going on Mission Day, so I hopefully will get outta there by 4-5pm Wednesday (hopefully way sooner, depending on if I'm the only one going or not)...My recruiter already told me he's taking me to lunch wherever I wanna go...I told him the Italian Oven and Cold Stone...hehe...So, the countdown now stands at twelve days...blah...Twelve more days of this crappy diet I'm on...I can do it...I can do it...I can do it...Right?? *sigh*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home