Not as Easy as It Looks

This is just the mindless ramblings of a college graduate (double major in political science and criminal justice) and her attempts to join the United States military. You better start here...

25 May 2006

Sorry Randy!!


"Never quit. It is the easiest cop-out in the world. Set a goal and don't quit until you attain it. When you do attain it, set another goal, and don't quit until you reach it. Never quit."
Bear Bryant

So, right now, I think I'm under a Tornado Watch...maybe not anymore, but we were...and lemme tell you, I hate severe weather like that...when I was younger, I used to pile all my teddy bears (well over 150) in blankets and drag them downstairs, so in case a tornado did hit, the bears would be saved! *sigh*

Anyway, I've been working all week. My boss ruptured his Achilles' Tendon last week, and had surgery on Tuesday. So I've taken his place for the time being. He'll be back Tuesday...can't say I'm disappointed. It's kinda boring during the day at the gym. So I sit there and read shit. I studied for the Border Patrol test yesterday. Holy shit. Because of the nature of the job, Border Patrol Agents need to speak Spanish. So, part of the examination is either a Spanish profiency test or an Artifical Language Test (it tests your ability to learn a language). Lemme tell you, that part about killed me...I sat there behind the desk staring at words like "almanlek" (government) and "liaker" (to injure), conjugating and genderizing and pluralizing and past participling...*sigh* Obviously, these are not real words...but it got to the point where sentences like "Vollenefoz kapleknefozae synzotim more yevnefae failek" made sense to me!! Oh man...haha...and this guy came up while I was trying to conjugate some word, slammed his gallon jug on the counter scaring the shit outta me. I wanted to get up and smack him. Hard. I couldn't concentrate again for a while.

After I got home from work yesterday, I fell into bed and slept for four hours...and then again...and again...and I could not get up in the morning...I finally had to drag myself outta bed so I could get to work. Blah. Well, in the meantime, my mysterious vanishing Army recruiter reappeared. He called yesterday, but because I was in various states of sleep, I was not in the mood to answer the phone. And he called again today. So I called him back..."Hey, lemme call you back in five minutes, I'm at the gas station." Okay. Did he? No. Blah.

I've got a confession to make to the blog world. I'm in love. With an Airman. *sigh* Haha...for real though...


My Zoomie


He graduated on the 19th...I couldn't make it down to Lackland (no cash)...but, my mom is moving to Dallas (I have no idea why any SANE person would move from DENVER to DALLAS!), and he's Tech School is at Sheppard AFB, about two hours away. Yay. Happy girl. It sucks that he's gone (for now), but things happen for a reason, right?? His mom and I go to lunch about once a week. It's hilarious - the first time I asked her to lunch (to be a good girlfriend and take care of his mom while he's gone), she thought I did it because I was pregnant!! I about died laughing. The other night, I had dinner at their place, and Mike's sister and her boyfriend and daughter were there, too. It was cool. His sister is like, "Welcome to the family!" I feel like I've spent more time with his family than with him!! At least in past 6.5 weeks I have. I'm glad we get along. Granted him being in the Air Force doesn't help my decision at all...at all!!

Let's see...what else, what else! Oh, yeah, Marines are a no go. I mean, part of me would love to be a Marine, but another part of me wants intel experience, which the Marine recruiter kindly told me he could not guarantee me a slot in the intel field. Don't get me wrong, I've said it once and I'll say it again: I'm joining to serve my country. But, at the same time, I'd like to be able to walk away from my military service, either in five years or twenty years, with some intel experience under my belt. Oh well, such is life, eh?? I know the one person in my life (or at least, was) told me to join the Marines because I'm 'hardcore,' I just can't do it.

Hmmm...I think that's all, really, that's been going on. Nothing, really - par for the course, eh?

OH!! GO HEADBUTT A BULLET!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home