Not as Easy as It Looks

This is just the mindless ramblings of a college graduate (double major in political science and criminal justice) and her attempts to join the United States military. You better start here...

14 June 2006

Pavement is NOT a Food Group

"There are people who put their dreams in a little box and say, 'Yes, I've got dreams, of course...'. Then they put the box away...It takes an uncommon amount of guts to put your dremas on the line, to hold them up and say, 'How good or bad am I?' That's where courage comes from."
Erma Bombeck


So I was really trying to find this other quote I thought I had somewhere, but I couldn't find it...I went looking through an old notebook from high school that I wrote a buncha quotes in...that was not a trip down Memory Lane I wanted to take right now. I was not in a good place and memories of that did not to be resurfaced right now. Moving on...I was trying to find that stupid quote about judging a person's character not by how many times they fall, but how many times they get back up...which is relevant...

Randy and I went blading yesterday. I was tired and worn out, so we only went out to the five-mile marker and back. Now, most people would find this a sufficient workout, but Randy kindly reminded me that it was only half of what we did Sunday. Fucker. Yeah, we bladed out to the ten-mile marker. That was fun. Hah. Anywayyyy...On our way back to our cars, we were talking about something...I don't remember what, exactly...I think I had mentioned how I don't want to live past retirement. Randy said something about me not wanting to be surrounded by my huge, loving family when I'm 80, and then - WHAM! My face met pavement. It was one of those "Fuck." moments. I kinda rolled over and sat there trying to decide whether it hurt - it really didn't - and whether to cry or laugh. I did both. I was laughing because I'm sure it was hilarious to watch. I was a little pissed because I didn't get to see it. I give Randy props for not laughing his ass off, because I know I would have!! I was crying because, well, it just seemed metaphorical, kinda. Like my life is about to come crashing down, just like me. My life is just a mess right now, with everything that is and isn't going on in it. It's not going how I planned it to go, dammit!! And that I do not like. I'm a perfectionist (in a sense) and very particular about how I want my life going. So for it to NOT be going as I planned is seriously throwing my life off of balance. I'm waiting for my metaphorical face to hit the metaphorical pavement here anytime now. I was also a little upset that there wasn't as much blood as there should have been. Just a scrape on my forehead. I thought I woulda broken a tooth or my nose, but nooo...no such luck! I'm a tough cookie, I guess. I really don't know how it happened either. It just did. Hah. Klutz. =)

You can hardly tell:


I know, I know. I whine a lot. It's my blog, I can whine if I wanna!!

3 Comments:

  • At 14 June, 2006 23:21, Blogger SC said…

    I'm not one for quotes but I like that one. I usually say that just because somebody said something doesn't make it true. I'm going to start using that quote though.

     
  • At 15 June, 2006 15:59, Blogger SuGaRBuTT said…

    I feel special, then...I gotta whole notebook full of li'l gems...

     
  • At 09 September, 2006 21:19, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Took me long enough to find you. All I had to do was google "Chelsea Rider" "Midland" and I found your (blogger) - which I didn't even know it existed until I stumbled upon it. Anyway, how are things? I'm getting married myself (I read a bit of your blog but haven't completed reading your complete memoirs). You should e-mail me sometime: soundidea@hotmail.com. Well, not much else new here. I'm planning our honeymoon in Niagara Falls (yes, I'm actually planning an itinerary for my honeymoon). Well, hope I actually hear back from you...sooner than later.

    Love always,
    Alex Davidson

     

Post a Comment

<< Home