Not as Easy as It Looks

This is just the mindless ramblings of a college graduate (double major in political science and criminal justice) and her attempts to join the United States military. You better start here...

09 September 2005

We know where Andy's mojo is, but where's mine?!

“He who has a WHY to live for can endure almost any HOW.”
Friedrich Nietzsche

Well, let’s see…according to my new countdown, I have eleven days left before I get to go to MEPS…yay…Lemme tell y’all something: I CANNOT WAIT UNTIL I SIGN THOSE DAMN PAPERS SO I CAN EAT NORMAL AGAIN!! OMG! I swear I’m living on under 1000 calories a day…In fact, according to http://www.fitday.com, I am! Not smart…and I think it’s seriously catching up to me! This morning, I was up at 0530, no problem…went downstairs and grabbed a banana…checked my weight (same as yesterday morning)…enjoyed the banana and my caffeine pills (hey, it’s 0530! I need something to wake me up!)…Then checked my messages from overnight, and saw one from my friend out in HI (he’s stationed there for now)…Turned out he was online, so we chatted for two damn hours…by the time we got done, I had little moto to hit the running paths, but I did anyway…After all, I was just going for two miles to check my time…and I could feel it…I seriously kept waiting for some old guy to WALK past me this morning…I mean, it was under my personal max-allowable time, but it was also about 45 seconds slower than what I normally consider a slow pace…Overall, I would like to cut a minute and 15 seconds off today’s time prior to shipping out…I know I can do it…It’s simply a matter of gittin’ ‘er done, eh? Easier said than done!

So, I finished my run and headed to the gym to do an addition 45 minutes of cardio on the elliptical…To be quite honest, I’m surprised I finished…It was either my energy levels or my moto, but one of them was sure lagging…one of the aerobic instructors came up to me and told me I look great, and that my coloring is wonderful (fake tan!)…I just laughed…It’s getting harder and harder to take compliments without biting someone’s head off about the stupid Army…hehe…I mean, it’s not like it’s their fault the Army uses archaic measuring methods…There’s about 12-15% difference in body fat percentage between the Army method and a seven-site skinfold test (way more accepted and accurate). Oh well…Just gotta keep on truckin’, eh??

Overall, that’s about the extent of my day’s activities so far…up, run, gym…sit around…hehe…I need to find a job…

Oh well…eleven days and ten pounds and counting!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home