Not as Easy as It Looks

This is just the mindless ramblings of a college graduate (double major in political science and criminal justice) and her attempts to join the United States military. You better start here...

12 March 2006

Can't Sleep. Clowns Will Eat Me.


"This is the most fun I've had without lubricant!"
'Adam' (Leigh Whannel) from Saw


Okay, it's about, ohh...2348 and I can't sleep...my alarm is currently set to go off at 0400 so that I can drag my ass outta bed and take advantage of the 40+ degree weather and run. Ya see, I don't like running in the light (I have this complex that people will see me and think I'm running too slow...don't ask.), and I teach 'indoor cycling' at 0545 tomorrow, so if I wanna run, I gotta do it early. That's the plan at least. I miss running outside, so I'm kinda excited. Had one running shoe on a coupla minutes ago...almost went for a run! I'm crazy, I know. In case the sunflower picture didn't give it away, my running habits mos def will!

Anywayyyy...so, yeah...this previous week has been kinda pissing me off with Army crap. My recruiter told me to come in at 1100 Monday morning last week to weigh-in and stuff. So I did. Was he there? Noooo. Jerk. Talked the station commander anyway. Always LOVE that (You can't tell, but I'm rolling my eyes right now!). I also happened to have contacted a different Air Force recruiter, since my friend (who ships for BMT 20060516) keeps telling me his recruiter is awesome, yadda yadda yadda. Met with him Monday. And then again Thursday, where he told me some very promising news about job stuff. Still gotta get my weight down. So Thursday night, I called my Army recruiter since he wanted me to come back and weigh-in Friday. He told me to be at his office at 1030. I got there at 1015. Was he there?! NOPE! I waited for a freakin' hour! He didn't even answer his cell when I called. So I returned the favor and didn't answer when he called me. I was pissed. That's twice in one week where he's told me to come by and he hasn't been there. And it's a 30-minute drive to his office, with gas I don't have to waste. *sigh* So, Friday, after I left the Army office, I drove back to my town to the stop by the Air Force office. He wasn't in, but I wasn't surprised. I left him a present on his door - my Army lanyard (which I have about 20 more of, seriously). I'm just so freakin' frustrated!! GRRRRR!! I don't know if me being deadset on the Army is stubbornness or true desire anymore. I am seriously conflicted about this whole thing.

And I can hear it raining outside right now. Good. I like to run in the rain. Blah. Hah...HELP!

1 Comments:

  • At 13 March, 2006 17:04, Blogger SFC B said…

    Move to AZ and I'll get ya in the Army. I don't have a problem being in my office when I'm supposed to, or at least letting you know when something changes.

    LoL

     

Post a Comment

<< Home