Not as Easy as It Looks

This is just the mindless ramblings of a college graduate (double major in political science and criminal justice) and her attempts to join the United States military. You better start here...

01 March 2006

Power Trip??

"I don’t feel hung over I don’t feel strung out/ Could I be clean and sober, did I finally lay it down / The drug of his love / Is out of my blood / It’s a revelation, like be born again / Have you ever had that feeling, when you wash away your sin / Your soul is set free / Does anybody know what I mean?"
Shannon Brown, "Can I Get an Amen"


So, last night, I was talking with a friend of mine who happens to be an National Guard recruiter a coupla hours away. I think he was in a bad mood. He asked when I was shipping, and I told him the story. Basically, he said I was stupid for not shipping, and then he said, "I thought you wanted to be a soldier?" My reply? "Don't give me your shit, you aren't my recruiter so don't talk to me like you are!" I was joking. Obviously, my dry sarcasm is hard to pick up on Yahoo! His reply? "I wouldn't recruit your selfish little ass........you need to grow the fuck up and realize who you are talking to...I'm a senior NCO don't you ever talk to me like that...you are not fit to be a soldier with that attitude." At that point, he signed off and I deleted him off my list. No offense, but damn. Was that really necessary?! I WAS JOKING. Sheesh. I don't even know how to react to that shit. Haha...Hell, I give my station commander, also an SFC, more shit than this guy, and he doesn't give me some power trip about being an senior NCO and how I should respect his AUTHORITAY...ha...psh...people like that don't deserve my respect. *sigh*

Anyway...y'all should pick up Shannon Brown's CD. It's awesome! Very good songs! Especially "Big Man" and "Can I Get an Amen." Seriously. Pick it up. Under $10 at Wal-Mart. You won't regret it.

Well, I gotta go hop in the shower and get my recruiter's office for my weekly weigh-in. I am so hungry...tired...dehyrdated...blah. I haven't eaten or drank anything since about 3pm yesterday, and I had to teach TWO Spinning classes, last night and this morning, on empty. NOT FUN!

1 Comments:

  • At 01 March, 2006 16:46, Blogger SFC B said…

    Sarcasm is not a trait that messenger programs pick up on well. I can't say that he didn't overreact, but I've been in his shoes before and might respond the same way to what you said to him.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home