Not as Easy as It Looks

This is just the mindless ramblings of a college graduate (double major in political science and criminal justice) and her attempts to join the United States military. You better start here...

08 March 2006

OMG, I LOVE WEATHER!!


Me: I love peanut butter
My sissy: and I love Plato.
My sissy: you can't eat Plato, though.
Me: You can eat Play-doh though
Me: Granted, it's not very good...
My sissy: oh that's gross


That's from an old conversation my sister and I had once...Yes, we're weird. It happens. It's in our blood. Monday night, she came over and we went out to Saginaw. Headed to Best Buy, her all-time favorite store...I found the new Hinder CD (Pick it up! It's pretty good!) and she found a new printer and some other stuff. Anywayyyy...we were standing in line and I, in my ADHD nature, start looking around at people. And who is behind us in line!?! Darrin Bradley, chief meterologist for the local news. I don't know why this excited me so, but I whisper, not-so-discretely, "SISSY! THAT'S DARRIN BRADLEY!!" Then, after looking back a few times, I whispered, "I LOVE WEATHER!", again, not-so-discretely. I thought her and the checkout girl were going to call the nut house on me. I found it funny. I really do have a fascination with weather; have ever since I was a child. Well, we get out to my sissy's car, and she's putting stuff away, and WHO IS PARKED NEXT TO US!? YES! Darrin Bradley!! "SISSY! HE'S PARKED NEXT TO US!!" Hah...he got in his truck and gave me one of those, "Omg, this girl must be a stalker, but I better wave to make her day" waves...I about died laughing. He musta heard us in the store, and then out in the parking lot. Fun times, fun times. After that, my sissy and I went to dinner and then to the local craft store, where she wanted me to put that damn flower hat on and take a picture. That's where the profile picture comes from. I look like I'm in pain, or as my friend said, like the hat is sucking my brains out.

Anyway...I've been having some kickass workouts lately, too. Last night, I had to teach Spin class...so I went to the gym a li'l early to get some quick sprints in. Did those. Then taught a 60-minute Spin class, which kicked both my own and the students' asses. Well, one of my friends showed up to class a li'l late and asked if I would mind staying and doing another hour or so of Spin. Always one for a cardio challenge, I did. And I about died. I walked outta the classroom SOAKED in sweat. Note to self: Do not wear a white t-shirt when you plan on doing that intense of cardio for that duration. If y'all are interested, you can check out my workout journal here.

That's all for now. Have a good day!!

3 Comments:

  • At 08 March, 2006 18:17, Blogger Mommy said…

    Good workouts girl (I'm jealous--you're way more hardcore than me!)

    Passed the DLAB today with a 118. HOORAH!

     
  • At 08 March, 2006 20:26, Blogger SFC B said…

    I firmly believe that aerobics instructors must wear white.

     
  • At 09 March, 2006 15:58, Blogger Mommy said…

    Chelsea, the DLAB score actually has a max of 176 but you only need 100 to score into a CAT IV language.

    You planning on taking it??

     

Post a Comment

<< Home