Not as Easy as It Looks

This is just the mindless ramblings of a college graduate (double major in political science and criminal justice) and her attempts to join the United States military. You better start here...

01 March 2006

Update

"Eating fetuses is fun!"
My Sissy, talking about eggs with her vegan friend


Okay, so I went to see my favoritest recruiter in the whole wide world (please note the sarcasm!)...I walked in, and immediately had four recruiters all up in my face looking at my piercings...My recruiter just shook his head...Actually when I walked down the hallway, the Station Commander was standing outside the Army office...He was like, "What the hell Rider!?" ANYWAYYYY...back inside the office, got the height/weight checked, and there was no change from last week. My SC basically ordered me to start lifting again...He told me just to bench and curl...No offense to any of the recruiters out there in blog world, but man, I find sooo much humor when they try to give me advice. My own recruiter knows better, but this is some of the advice I've been given in that office:


1) "Just eat a bunch of rice, but wash it before you eat it, that way there's no starch left."
(WTF? YOU CAN WASH THE STARCH OUTTA RICE!?! Incredible!)
2) "Stay away from carbs...drink a lot of milk."(Um...milk is full of sugars...sugars are carbs...hmmmm...good call, Sarn't!)
3) "Preparation H and Saran Wrap. We've had some success with males. Never tried on a female. Maybe you should try." (Okay, I can just imagine how I looked buying laxatives AND Prep H in the same trip. I'm glad Meijer has U-Check lanes...)
4) "Just bench and do some concentration curls, and you'll build your forearms and neck." (He refused to listen to me when I said there are other exercises I can do to do that, like hammer curls, wide grip curls, wrist curls, shrugs. He would hear none of it! "Just bench and curls, Rider." I laughed. Not a good thing to do when the SC is in a bad mood.)


Anyway. I hafta lift. And go back to the office on Monday at 1100. Yay. Hope all goes well. Should be nice to lift again, but if I gain weight because of it, I'm going to beat someone's ass!!

That is all.

3 Comments:

  • At 01 March, 2006 16:00, Blogger Soxfan said…

    Yeah its kinda funny, my recruiters actually ask me for lifting advice. And they had me write up some workouts for kids who were just starting working out after signing contracts. Its kinda rediculous at times.

     
  • At 01 March, 2006 16:34, Blogger SFC B said…

    I agree with you on the stupid advice recruiters give regarding weight. I've got an applicant who is a nutritionist, I just refer the pleasantly plump to him, he does a custom diet for them, and if they follow it they lose weight. I don't know how he does it, I don't want to know. He's a professional, and I defer to him.

    The female BF chart is whacked. Males are so much easier. For you XX folks though, weight plays a role, plus with a forearm and wrist measurement it makes simple advice harder.

    You know more than your recruiter does about how your body works. Do what you need to do to get yourself where you need to be. All the wraps and laxatives in the world won't help you, and they'll cause more problems. Hate when people are told to use them.

     
  • At 02 March, 2006 13:52, Blogger Mommy said…

    Thanks for the support regarding the DLAB...I do know that I can do it, just nervous is all :)

    Okay, this is going to sound sooo bad and SFC B is probably going to kill me. But it sounds like you are quite educated on how to lose weight properly and exercise, etc. But I think it could possibly come down to having to do a cleansing or using 'alternative' methods to possibly just make the weight so that you can get your ass in the Army! We need motivated and intelligent folks like yourself and I know how badly you want this. I just fear that the longer this goes on that you might get discouraged and lose sight of what it is that you want? I know it almost happened to me.

    Exactly how far off are you on the weight or the taping or whatever it is that they do? What about taking the ARMS test? I heard that is a viable alternative for many and with how strong you are you could pass it no sweat--I'm sure of that!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home