Not as Easy as It Looks

This is just the mindless ramblings of a college graduate (double major in political science and criminal justice) and her attempts to join the United States military. You better start here...

02 March 2006

A Date

"Wow, I can really appreciate your passion. I think that is what I like about you most. No, maybe it's the I WILL NOT BE STOPPED attitude you have."
From an old email my second (I'm on my third) recruiter sent me a while ago.
(They're fun to re-read sometimes. I swear he is the only recruiter that never doubted my dedication to joining...)

My wonderful co-worker, Diane, decided that in order for me to get over the guy that cheated on me, I needed to go on a date. So, for the past two weeks or so, she's been trying to hook me up with this guy at the gym that works out the same time I do. He's cute. Problem was, we are both totally shy, so there was probably ZERO chance of this happening without a little push. That's where Diane came into the picture. Actuallllyyyy...it started when the guy's workout partner asked me one day, "Hey, Chelsea, you gotta boyfriend? My friend wants to know." So, anyway, I get this phone call yesterday at about 1030 as I was driving home from my meeting with the recruiter. "Chels, this is Diane. Has he called yet?" "Uh, who?" "Brad. I gave him your number and he said he was gonna call and ask you to dinner." And, about an hour later, he did call. But it sucked because Monday I had set up an appointment with my tattoo artist (after I got pierced) for my next piece, and of course, that time was at 1700 Wednesday night. So, when Brad called, I told him I'd call him when my tat was done, thinking that it would only take about 2-3 hours to do, and he had to take his brother to work at 1900 anyway. Well...I got to the tattoo shop early (1630), and waited...and waited...and waited...1915 rolls around, I called Brad and let him know that I probably wasn't going to be able to make it back into town in time. Hell, the artist still wasn't done drawing out the piece. I didn't start getting the tattoo until 2000. I left the shop at 2150, after about an hour and a half's worth of work. It's a sweet ass piece though...sadly, there's still about 3.5 hrs left of inking to be done to it before it's complete. It's a back piece - shoulder blades to the base of my spine. And lemme tell you, I can handle pain and all, but shit, he hit a nerve or SOMETHING at the base of my spine and I let out the most violent barrage of swear words EVER. I mean, it wasn't bad, but the vehemence with which they were said, WOO-EE...I wanted to turn around and smack the shit outta him! I'm proud of myself, though. No crying. Just lots of biting my lower lip.

And, no, SFC B. I do not hate my recruiter, nor am I trying to kill him with this. Haha...

ANYWAY...so, Brad came up to me today in the gym while I was doing a set of curls, per SC's orders, and asked if I was doing anything today. I said no and he asked if I wanted to come to Chuck E. Cheese's with him and his son. I accepted, because I figured that'd be a good first date. And it was. I had a blast. And his son and I got along, which I think is important when a guy has a kid. Brad and I get along well, we just both happen to be shy. All in all, it was a good night. Hopefully, there will be a second date. *grin*

2 Comments:

  • At 02 March, 2006 23:34, Blogger Mommy said…

    Very cool about the boy...it's always nice to have a little distraction ;) I find that 100% of the time when I'm about to go away or embark on something new in life, I always meet a (or several) new boy(s). Case in point, I started hanging out with Luke about 2 months ago. And just in the past 3 weeks or so I have been meeting TONS of new, very hot, guys. Part of me thinks that I am more open and have a blase attitude since there's no pressure for anything long term since I know I'm leaving.

    I know I keep saying this, but just keep your eyes on the prize. Def. date and have fun, but be careful with your heart. And DON'T do what I did at 23 and give up a scholarship to study overseas my jr. year of college because I didn't want to leave my boyfriend. Biggest mistake of my life (we broke up about 4 months later!!).

    How about some pix of the tat???

    PS. I think I'm becoming addicted to blogs...scary.

     
  • At 07 March, 2006 09:14, Blogger SFC B said…

    Your tattoo form is going to need a three page attachment.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home