Not as Easy as It Looks

This is just the mindless ramblings of a college graduate (double major in political science and criminal justice) and her attempts to join the United States military. You better start here...

17 March 2006

Cashew Chicken, No Chicken

"Good things will come to you in due time."


That was my fortune from last night. I took my friend out for Chinese to celebrate her birthday. I ordered my usual - cashew chicken, no chicken. I love being a vegetarian. Anyway, when I opened my fortune cookie and got that fortune, I smiled. I'm like that - I believe those corny things...and horoscopes...Mostly because every so often, I need a li'l mental boost, and hearing something like that helps.

So, still riding my fortune cookie high when I got up this morning, I decided to go for a run. It was only 26 degrees (F) out (-3 degrees C), but it wasn't windy, so I thought I'd be okay. Shit. I was wrong. It kicked my ass. And my quads. And my shoulders. And my throat. Hahah. It ended being a combination run-walk, but either way, I finished the whole 5.25 miles (8.44 kilometers). I plan on doing it again tomorrow morning, hopefully running more and walking less. Hopefully it'll be a little warmer. Getting my breathing under control was the worst the part. Well, after I finished the run/walk, I went into the gym and did another 45 minutes of cardio (15 minutes on the stationary bike and 30 minutes on the elliptical). I feel okay. Not as good as I should feel, but that's because I'm kinda disappointed in my run/walk. Oh well. Tomorrow is another day, right?

I guess that's really all I have to say for now. Nothing big going on lately. Got the bottom half my tattoo finished - dunno if I mentioned that or not. I have a picture of it, but it's one that I took with my digicam's timer, so it's not the best. Plus, I look...wide. And I have enough issues with my body right now...but I'm loving the ink! So far, the kanji I have in it are "strength," "overcome," "bravery," "fierce," and "honor." I have two left - loyalty and will - but they'll be negatives, meaning instead of being black inside the outline of a star, the star will be black and the kanji will just be outline (not filled in). I guess you hafta see the piece to totally understand it, eh??

Well, Happy St. Patrick's Day, everyone! Stay safe tonight...I'd be drinking, but I think that's not the best thing for me right now...Way to be smart, Chelsea!!

1 Comments:

  • At 17 March, 2006 15:59, Blogger Mommy said…

    I worked really hard on my breathing technique when running on the treadmill. But since I've been running outside, I can't seem to get it down very well. I try to breathe more through my nose but that hurts b/c of the cold weather...but then breathing primarily through the mouth isn't good and also creates massive plegm problems (yuck). It's tough but I guess once you get it down it's very helpful.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home