Not as Easy as It Looks

This is just the mindless ramblings of a college graduate (double major in political science and criminal justice) and her attempts to join the United States military. You better start here...

23 February 2006

Mid-March

“The tragedy of Canada is they could have had British culture, French cooking, and American technology, but instead they got American culture, British cooking, and French technology.”


My hommage to my foresaken Canadian hockey team...*crying* I guess Finland for the Gold...*sniffle*

Anyway, I went to see my recruiter today...He doesn't understand how I can LOOK smaller, but weigh more...and, to be honest, neither can I...either way, I'm not that far off...10 lbs...He's written into his planner for me to come in every Wednesday for a height/weight check...and then he's scheduled me (tentatively) to go to MEPS on the 16th of MEPS or something...I told him I wanted out by the end of March..He said I'll be ready by next week...hehe...I'm glad someone has faith in me, because after what happened yesterday, I was losing hope in my life...

Speaking of that whole thing, I am much better today...I mean, the guy is still an asshole in my mind, but I'm not vindictive or anything...Sad, yeah, very. But not enraged or anything. Thanks for all the support and stuff!

So...36 days until the end of March (not counting today)...I can do this...

7 Comments:

  • At 23 February, 2006 17:21, Blogger Soxfan said…

    Well vonnie, muscle is denser then fat so you pack more in in a smaller area. Chels, I'm sure you can do it. Just keep your mind on it.

     
  • At 23 February, 2006 17:31, Blogger SuGaRBuTT said…

    Haha...that's EXACTLY what I told her on her blog...=)

     
  • At 23 February, 2006 19:11, Blogger SFC B said…

    Where are you on body fat? With how often you work out (you work at a gym from crying out loud) you should be making it under the tape.

     
  • At 23 February, 2006 21:52, Blogger Mommy said…

    Chelsea,

    Hey chica...signed my contract today...37F with $15k in bonuses and SLRP. I have to be honest with you, 37F is a tough one since only about 10% come from Active Duty. They said the biggest factor in getting it was that I had my M.A. degree. Whatever. Now I just have to pass the DLAB next week-they said if I don't, I lose my MOS. No pressure!!

     
  • At 24 February, 2006 12:07, Blogger Mommy said…

    Chelsea,

    Thanks for the congrats. Girl, you can do this! I know that it's not easy, but it's obvious how badly you want this. Your health is top priority--but it can be done. Stick with your workouts and diet and cut out the booze if possible (it'll make a huge difference).

    Figure out what will motivate you. I had posters on the walls from the Marines and Army. I've got tons of cadence on my iPod and a set of super-motivating songs. I'm SO embarassed to admit this...but that Kanye West song "Jesus Walks" totally pumps me up b/c it makes me think of the movie Jarhead and then it makes me think of being a soldier. You also have to surround yourself with only positive people. My family is there everyday reminding me of why I have to get my ass out to run and cheering me on. Those who were negative about my decision, well I had to cut them out of or minimalize them in my life.

     
  • At 24 February, 2006 21:56, Blogger SuGaRBuTT said…

    I think I overstate how much I drink...haha...I really don't drink THAT much...Okay, I don't drink that OFTEN...Hell, it's been a week and a half since I last drank...yay!! I'm proud of myself for not drinking after what happened...

     
  • At 26 February, 2006 14:33, Blogger Mommy said…

    I know I'm not THAT old...but I feel it sometimes! Don't worry girl, you'll see in about 3-5 years how you can't hang like you used to! One night of drinking will take you like 2-3 days to recover from.

    Also, I had read Ms. Williams' book (I did it ghetto style and read it over 2 visits to the bookstore while enjoying a coffee!). It was good insight...a bit crude, but some of it pretty accurate from what I've heard. She got a lot of bad press, though. Regardless, the passage you picked out is so true.

    By the way, check out the link on my page for the PSYOPS blog. He's back from AIT and is trying to get updates in every day or two...it's good reading.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home