Not as Easy as It Looks

This is just the mindless ramblings of a college graduate (double major in political science and criminal justice) and her attempts to join the United States military. You better start here...

01 November 2005

Setting Goals = Moto?

"I've often thought that when something is hard for you, whether it's going to law school or anything else that challenges you, that's probably what you should do."

Hillary Rodham Clinton


She is one of few women I truly respect and look up to...

Anyway...moving on to the original intent of this post...I just wanted to publicize my goals because then I'll be accountable for them, right??

Goal #1:

Lose fifteen pounds before I ship...just to give myself a cushion...


Goal #2:

Be able to score 75pts in each event on the APFT...which means this: 28 PUs, 62 SUs, and a sub-18 minute 2-mile run...The run is taken care of...easy...Just gotta work on the other things...

That's all, really...for the time being...those are my short-term goals...I have long-term goals, but they're really irrelevant to the topic of this post, kinda...I mean, with my lagging moto lately, I figured I needed to get my ass in gear - I do only have 79 days left before I ship. I figured the best way to do that would be to set and achieve smaller goals...I had another one, but I already achieved that...Wanted to be able to run 5 miles straight without stopping...God, I love running...I really do...It gives me time to just think...Granted, I start thinking about the Army and Basic Training and just kinda freak out, but whatever...haha...Now I just wanna be able to get my 5-mile time under 45 minutes...I guess that could be another goal, eh?? Sure, why not!

Anyway...I'm done...Just wanted to post those and let y'all know what was up for the time being...yay...

2 Comments:

  • At 02 November, 2005 23:56, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    it is amazing what you can do when you put your mind to it.

     
  • At 07 November, 2005 12:54, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    To reach your other goals, come out of the convo lounge and into the training forum sometime. ;^)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home