Not as Easy as It Looks

This is just the mindless ramblings of a college graduate (double major in political science and criminal justice) and her attempts to join the United States military. You better start here...

12 September 2005

Two steps forward...

"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not: unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated failures. PERSISTENCE and DETERMINATION ALONE are OMNIPOTENT."
Calvin Coolidge.


Mornin' y'all...well, I just got back from my morning run and cardio session at the gym, and I must say that I feel great...A lot better than the other day when I posted...My run time was better than normal, and the run itself seemed a lot easier than in the past...It's a good li'l 3.75 mile path with some small hills and turns and stuff...good to do at 0500...Then I went and did another hour of cardio at the gym, since I run the block right outside of it...I just feel refreshed! I guess sometimes it takes a li'l perspective in order to make sure that you're going in the right direction with your life, eh?? I guess the other day was my "one step back" in this whole journey...I must say I'm still scared about the whole thing, but I guess that's to be expected. I mean, joining the military is a big committment, and people have told me they'd be worried if I wasn't scared...I know that I'll do fine during Basic and I think I'll really enjoy the military lifestyle...Granted, I know there are things about the civilian world that I'll miss...Oh well, such is the price...

Anyway, I have eight more days until I can go back to MEPS...I'm kinda nervous about making weight and everything...I should be fine...No, I take that back, I will be fine. I will get everything I want and walk outta that MEPS building finally with some closure in my life...hehe...I really should ask my recruiter what exactly I can get in my contract, although I know I've asked him that a thousand times...Just gotta keep him on his toes...

Alright y'all...it's breakfast time...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home