Not as Easy as It Looks

This is just the mindless ramblings of a college graduate (double major in political science and criminal justice) and her attempts to join the United States military. You better start here...

28 September 2005

The Calm AFTER the Storm

“If you always put limits on yourself and the things you can do, physical or anything, you might as well be dead. It will spread into your work, your morality, your entire being. There are no limits, only plateaus. But then you must not stay there. You must go beyond them. If it kills you, it kills you.”
Bruce Lee


Okay...things have calmed down a bit...I talked to my recruiter yesterday and he's not upset with me, but apparently the station commander isn't exactly happy about me not signing...He seems to think he put in a bunch of work to get me to where I am now...He wasn't the one busting his ass to lose weight...He wasn't the one that had to deal with his father's accusations that he's anorexic...He wasn't the one that had to deal with comments like, "Your skinny as death! Is that what the Army wants!?" Apparently it is...I mean, everyone else outside of the recruiting office has been so supportive and has told me I've done the right thing but not signing for a job I didn't want...Even people in the Army! So right now I'm just waiting until I go down again next week...I keep dropping weight, which I hafta be careful of because if I drop more than six pounds, I'll get disqualified for losing too much weight too fast...Now wouldn't that be something! The first time I went down there, I was DQ'd for weighing too much and by the third time I'm getting DQ'd for losing too much...Apparently they don't understand concepts like "water weight" or anything...Blah...Oh well...I means I don't hafta be AS strict with my diet this week as I was before I went last time...yay...hehe...I must say that those days following the MEPS trip were great...hehe...I don't think I had an actual "home-cooked" meal from Thursday night to Saturday afternoon...I enjoyed pasta, pizza, Mexican food, ice cream and pancakes...hehe...And yet I weigh less NOW than before MEPS...It's amazing how the body works...

Anyway...I've been doing some research and now have a list of 5 jobs that I'm willing to sign for...I should really look for more, but I've tried, and I just can't find something out of the 212 jobs the Army offers that I might be interested in...I don't really wanna do an admin job, either...God I wish I were male so I could go be a Airborne Ranger!! HOOAH! HIGHSPEED! Hehe...anyway...If any of y'all have any job advice, drop me a line! AIM (ArmyBrat97b) or Yahoo! (wannabesoldier83)...

Have a great day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home