Not as Easy as It Looks

This is just the mindless ramblings of a college graduate (double major in political science and criminal justice) and her attempts to join the United States military. You better start here...

24 September 2005

Will I Ever Give Up??

"Those who expect to reap the blessing of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
Thomas Paine


Well, let's see...I went down to Chicago on Tuesday, and processed on Wednesday...BUT...ran into a big, fucking wall...

I passed everything finally...weight...body fat...all that bullshit...My hardwork finally paid off...I could finally fuckin' enlist in the damn Army...

But...went in to talk to a job counselor...He asked me what I wanted to do, and I told him 97B/E...Apparently, he couldn't find me a slot for training...Said there was a slot for 98Y...Didn't want that job, refused to sign for it...I kept getting told by the counselors and my own recruiters told me to take it then reclass for the job I wanted once I was in...I wanted to scream, "DO YOU THINK I'M FUCKING STUPID!?! ONCE I SIGN THAT, THERE AIN'T SHIT Y'ALL CAN DO IF YOU DON'T WANT TO!!" I was so pissed...I got treated like I was an idiot who was throwing away a some great opportunity...Bullshit...My recruiter's boss told me there's nothing he can do to help me until I sign that contract...I was down in MEPS without my recruiter or anything, so there was nothing I was going to do at that time unless they came up with a slot for the job I wanted...My recruiters dropped the ball, I was unprepared for the possibility that the MOS I wanted wouldn't be available...In fact, I was under the impression that I would, with my qualifications, have no problem getting the MOS...Blah...Apparently, I'm going back on the 4th to try again...Hopefully, a slot will open up, but this time I have backup MOSs that I'm willing to sign for...Thanks, in no part, to my own recruiters...But I know other recruiters and they've been helping me because they think what happened was bullshit...Blah...It's so frustrating!! I literally worked my ass off to get to that point, and I was not going to settle for anything less than what I wanted...*sigh*

Help!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home