Not as Easy as It Looks

This is just the mindless ramblings of a college graduate (double major in political science and criminal justice) and her attempts to join the United States military. You better start here...

29 December 2005

BLACKJACK!

"It is indispensable to our success in this war that those we ask to fight it know that in the discharge of their dangerous responsibilities to their country they are never expected to forget that they are Americans, and the valiant defenders of a sacred idea of how nations should govern their own affairs and their relations with others - even our enemies.
Those who return to us and those who give their lives for us are entitled to that honor. And those of us who have given them this onerous duty are obliged by our history, and the many terrible sacrifices that have been made in our defense, to make clear to them that they need not risk their or their country's honor to prevail; that they are always - through violence, chaos and heartache of war, through deprivation and cruelty and loss - they are always, always, Americans, and different, better and strong than those who would destroy us."

Senator John McCain


Okay, I'm a dork...I have 21 days left until I'm supposed to ship...hence, the whole blackjack thing...

Anyway...Christmas is done and over with, thankfully...I really hate the holidays...Always kinda have, except when I was a child...They lose their charm after you find out Santa is a hoax...I took some sick kind of pleasure in letting my mom know that this was the last Christmas I would be around for a while...haha...even if I get leave next year, I don't plan on coming back to MI...hell no...haha...Oh well!

So, yeah, I was talking to my friend Erik last night and he asked how I was feeling about leaving soon. For the first time, I could honestly say I wasn't scared or nervous or anything. He was all shocked - "This is a total turnaround from like, a month ago! What gives?!" I told him I knew that I would make it - people have graduated before me and they'll continue to graduate after me. There is nothing about me that will stop me from succeeding in BCT...Besides, after talking to people that are on Exodus right now, I have the feeling that BCT will be easier than trying to understand Greek philosophy...which, I did with flying colors during college. So, now I just kinda feel...nonchalant almost about the whole thing. Some kinda weird, serene peacefulness...Fuck...haha..."calm before the storm" bullshit, probably...

OHH!! On the plus side, it's been hella nice outside, and it's given me a chance to run outside in the mornings!! I've almost had a few stumbles, as the snow hasn't COMPLETELY melted, but nothing too bad...I was so excited about that!! Haha...I am such a nerd...=)

Hope this entry finds you all in good spirits after the holidays and stuff...Happy New Year to y'all...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home