Not as Easy as It Looks

This is just the mindless ramblings of a college graduate (double major in political science and criminal justice) and her attempts to join the United States military. You better start here...

21 March 2006

Mmm...Cherry Coke...

"I didn't mean big thighs! I meant to say you had big calves!!"
My recruiter


So, yesterday was interesting. Well, not really, but anyway...Diet is going okay...I'll get to that in a bit...I woke up and headed the gym, as usual...however, the motivation was not there...I spent an hour going back in forth between different cardio activities, before I finally said "Screw it," and did a coupla sets of bench pressin', then left...I went back at 1500 and did some treadmill work with my friend, Justin...he was kicking my ass because, again, something was lacking...Then, my friend Beau and I spun for like, forty minutes...Beau is cool...Last April, he weighed like, 300+ and now he weighs right around 200lbs...He just enlisted in the Air Force (ships 20060516) and is the reason I've been looking into the Air Force...anyway, last week he invited me to his DEP function, which was yesterday...Basically, met at the AF office and headed to a local deli for dinner and conversation...it was cool because there were three guys there that had just finished with their Tech School...one of them was in the AFSC that I've looked into (Airborne Cryptologic Linguist) and said the schooling is about two and a half years long...TWO AND A HALF YEARS!! I yelled at the recruiter - "You didn't tell me it was that long!!" He said he didn't know...hah...Anyway, while we were sitting down to eat, my phone rings...like, really rings...which is a bad sign...ya see, I have all the recruiters I know programmed to ring (instead of the stupid li'l melody that normally goes off when my phone rigns)...I didn't realize it was my phone...One of the guys home on RAP (basically the AF equivalent of HTRP) kept lookin' at me and I realized it was my phone...Anywayyyy...answered it, "What?" because I knew it was the Army recruiter..."You comin' in tomorrow??" "Dude, I'm not at weight..." after that, he kinda got into me about all that...said something about my personal deadline coming up, like I wasn't aware...I am so frustrated!!...then said I had big thighs...DUH...he said he meant to say I had big calves...Anyway, the whole conversation just kinda upset me and I almost cried...I swear everyone in that office must think I'm a slacker and it pisses me off because I am literally working my ass off to get back in...*sigh*...The rest of the night was okay...the AF recruiter makes fun of me all the time...then he gets all serious..."I want to help you reach your goals." It's fun...Oh, for dinner, I had half of a sub that I had to take the meat off...and two glasses of cherry Coke...it's been a long ass time since I've had pop...anyway...the AF recruiter was like, "Are you a vegetarian!?!?" He probably thinks I'm some strange freak...heh...=)

Someday...

2 Comments:

  • At 21 March, 2006 14:23, Blogger Mommy said…

    You're right, I'm just going to go to Boston and enjoy myself and my last 2 weeks of freedom!

    You asked about my parents...they are behind me 200% on this. They encouraged all of us kids to enlist when we were 18 b/c they think the military offers good opportunities. Although my mom admits, and for good reason, that her kids going to war scares her to death. Like my brother...she wants him to go back in but doesn't want him back in Iraq. But she understands the reality of us seeing war and accepts it. She's already added the Army flag to the outside fence of the house and has her "my daughter is a soldier in the US Army" sticker on the bumper of her car! My parents are very proud.

    I have to say that I see a renewed confidence and determination in you and it's great! Like me, you've had such ups and downs with all of this and for awhile there I think you were a bit down about getting in and was it all really worth it, etc. I'm glad to see you back on track.

    If the AF is going to meet your short and long term goals--then go for it. It sounds like it's been a mixed bag with your Army recruiters. Who knows what is up...maybe they're lazy, maybe they're frustrated, maybe they want an 'easy no issue' recruit. Who knows. I experience the entire spectrum myself! But you have to want it the most and it sounds like you're there.

    Can you stream Bill Maher online or something? You HAVE to see the beginning of the panel debate. They started off with Iraq and I swear, you will be livid when you hear the rantings of Belzer. It was crazy! Try to download it or if you get HBO, catch it this week on a re-run.

     
  • At 21 March, 2006 17:25, Blogger SFC B said…

    I might screw up labret and labia, but saying you've got big thighs when I meant calves... yeah... not going to be that stupid.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home