Not as Easy as It Looks

This is just the mindless ramblings of a college graduate (double major in political science and criminal justice) and her attempts to join the United States military. You better start here...

31 March 2006

Why Did the Chicken Cross the Road?

"To a man whose mind is free there is something even more intolerable in the sufferings of animals than in the sufferings of man. For with the latter it is at least admitted that suffering is evil and that the man who causes it is a criminal. But thousands of animals are uselessly butchered every day without a shadow of remorse. If any man were to refer to it, he would be thought ridiculous. And that is the unpardonable crime."
Romain Rolland


Where to startttt...okay, yesterday. I went to the gym about an hour before I was supposed to teach because I wanted to get SOME weight training in. While I was up behind the counter, someone walked in and I helped him because Justin wasn't up there. No biggie. Anyway, I happened to be wearing my Army PT shirt that I had, and he had the older version (with no block-style A on the back) on. It was weird...Anyway...I went to set up the bikes and one of the guys came in the room and was like, "Is that your boyfriend?" And I bust out laughing! "WHY!? Because we're wearing the same damn shirt!?" He was like, "Well, yeah." I laughed...come to find out later, the Army guy happened to be one of my very good friend's boyfriends. She called my cell later that night to tell me. Oh, and class was cancelled because it was BEAUTIFUL out (64 is great! PERFECT!)...I didn't mind. I went home, showered, and changed...then I went to dinner with a friend of mine to this nice Japanese restaurant. Thennn...during conversation, he mentioned something about test driving cars and I said I wanted to test drive a nice, big truck. So we went! Sadly, because it was close to 9, the dealership we went to was closed. But I found my new dream truck:



Hot, isn't it?? My friend and I were playing around in the bed of the truck...there was a cop in the drive-through across the road and I think he saw us...he didn't come over though...

I didn't get a picture of it, but there was also an H4 Avalanche which was SUPER-FUCKING HOT...

Anywayyyy...on my way home, I got a phone call from a friend of mine to come out drinking...so I ran to the store to get a six-pack of Smirnoffs and some munchies and headed over there. I had fun just chillin' with some friends. It was relaxing. Of course, every time I got towards the end of the bottle, my friend ran to the refrigerator to get me another one. I finished the six-pack by myself and also had a glass of Popof and Mt. Dew...not good...straight vodka tastes like acetone. Blech. But it was one of those nights I should not have driven home as soon as I did.

Managed to drag myself outta bed and head the gym...not motivated at all...but one of the regulars was on the treadmill, so I hopped on the cross-trainer next to him, and we chit-chatted for a bit. We started talking about my weight and all that, and he suggested maybe - just for a week - to try eating meat, like chicken, and see if that does something. So that's what I've been comtemplating for a while. I don't know. I've been a vegetarian for almost six years now, and while I'm not against the killing of animals (unless it's done so in an inhumane way), but...it's just so different. And...weird. I've always thought my vegetarianism has helped me keep my weight down...but now that it's creeping back, this is about the only thing I can do to change my diet again. *sigh*

I'm going to Colorado for a week on Tuesday and I think while I'm out there, I'm going to spend some time trying to reconfigure my diet and exercise program. See if I can't revamp it once again. I'd also like to get some running in out there, but it's gonna be hell because of the altitude. I plan on bringing my rollerblades, too, because I absolutely LOVE to rollerblade and have been doing so since the weather got a little warmer. My mom is gonna help me as much as she can, because she knows how much I want this and she understands I just need a break from my life here. Plus, she's trying to get me AVALANCHE tickets!! FUCK YEAH!! I AM SO FRIGGIN' EXCITED!! I LOVE THE AVS!!!!!!!!!!!!! (And yes, I'm aware I live in Michigan...and I HATE the Wings!)

2 Comments:

  • At 31 March, 2006 18:58, Blogger SFC B said…

    You've been working too damned hard. Take that vacation and enjoy yourself. Free yourself from seeing your recruiter every couple days to be reminded that it's not going how you want.

    Enjoy the vaca.

    Don't drink and drive! It's a one year wait after the offense! And I think it's like dangerous too, but that might just be scare-mongering.

     
  • At 01 April, 2006 11:21, Blogger Mommy said…

    Yeah, I was actually told that it's a 5 year wait to receive a secret clearance with the Army. Remember, even a $50 cab ride is better than a DUI which can run you thousands (trust me, I know).

    BTW, there's nothing wrong with redheads...they're great! I just HATE being one. I was accidently born into a white family--I think I was supposed to be some shade of brown instead. I rarely date caucasian men, usually Latin or African-American. My mom claims I just like what's "exotic" to me. Whatever. When I was young I was always desperate to darken my skin and cover my red hair and freckles. But now that I'm older, I think I need to just embrace and deal :) Besides, women pay big $$ to be redheads I hear. And for some reason, when guys find out that I am a natural redhead, there's always some level of intrigue there--I don't get it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home