Not as Easy as It Looks

This is just the mindless ramblings of a college graduate (double major in political science and criminal justice) and her attempts to join the United States military. You better start here...

07 April 2006

Oh, wow...

America, FUCK YEAH!
Coming again, to save the motherfucking day yeah,
America, FUCK YEAH!
Freedom is the only way yeah,
Terrorist your game is through cause now you have to answer too,
America, FUCK YEAH!
So lick my butt, and suck on my balls,
America, FUCK YEAH!
What you going to do when we come for you now,
it’s the dream that we all share; it’s the hope for tomorrow

Lyrics from the song, "America, Fuck Yeah," from the movie Team America



So yesterday I went to the local 24 Hour Fitness to see if I could work out...had this thing for two weeks free...yay...anyway...I went in the morning and the afternoon (to take a cycling class)...My mom had to drop me off in the afternoon...Oh well...Anyway...as we pulled into the parking lot, these two guys were taking this sign down: "Complimentary Valet." AT A GYM! People are too lazy to walk from the parking lot to the gym. *sigh* It wasn't even a BIG parking lot. And here I was thinking people in Colorado were in better shape...

...Speaking of being in shape, part of this two-week trial membership was an appointment with one of their trainers. That was this morning. So, we go up to her li'l cubicle and start talking. I tell her I plan on joining the military, yadda yadda yadda...She starts telling me everything I already know...So I did the whole, 'nod your head and smile' thing...THEN she wanted to show me stuff to do to lean out my legs...wall squats with a stability ball behind you...yay...I haven't trained my legs in months! MONTHS. The powerlifter in me came out. I went and did my first rep, ass-to-the-grass as proper squat technique dictates, and she yelled at me! "WOAH! TOO FAR DOWN!!" I just kinda rolled my eyes and did them as she told me to. Needless to say, my legs were burning. They're probably growing as we speak...I swear, I walk by a squat rack and my legs grow an inch! *sigh* There's a reason I don't train them, heavy weight or high reps - either way, they GROW! LIKE WEEDS! I don't care what your degree tells you about training, I know my body...She also told me my diet probably wasn't as tuned in as it should be and that I should probably be eating more. Yeah, like that's gonna happen.

Anyway, that's really all that's been going on out here in lovely Colorado. The weather out here reminds me of Michigan...yesterday it was 60s, today it snowed...blah!! It's also been kinda rainy...but it's still beautiful!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home