Not as Easy as It Looks

This is just the mindless ramblings of a college graduate (double major in political science and criminal justice) and her attempts to join the United States military. You better start here...

05 April 2006

Too Much Caffeine!

"I broke my foot running through a castle."
Some kid at the Detroit airport


So, yeah, I'm in Colorado now...yay...I seriously love this place. I might move out here...I'd love to. Anyway, the plane rides out here were not fun. On the one from Midland to Detroit, there was this girl that was a total sorority chick...and a loud one, too...she was sitting right in front of me and the guy next to me kept making fun of her...It was fun...ha...there was also a crapload of turbulance, which I did not like!! I am not a good flyer...that guy kept laughing at me because I would grap the seat in front of me whenever it got bumpy...then, thanks to my mom's wonderful planning abilities, I had a three-hour layover in Detroit...if you've ever been to the Detroit airport, you'll know how BORED I was...I went to some restaurant and got some food...then I went down to my gate and sat for two hours...fortunately, this cute guy rolled up in a wheelchair and we started talking...he asked to use my phone because there's a transportation strike here in Denver and he wanted to see if he could get a ride...he was telling me about how he graduated recently with a degree in geography (weird...) and had just gotten back from travelling through Europe...and that he broke his foot running through a castle somewhere...he was doing wheelies and shit in the chair and I told him if he fell, I'm sorry, but I would have laughed...hehe...the plane ride from Detroit to Denver was not fun...I had too much caffeine in my system and was sitting in the same spot for three hours...plus, the stupid kid next to me kept elbowing me...I was pretty much already in the aisle, but I kept moving closer and closer...I seriously wanted to beat the living snot of the brat. There was also this cute guy in front of me...he had nice boots. When we were standing at baggage claim, I asked if he was in the military. He was like, "Yeah, why do you ask?" And I told him his boots gave him away. Because I, like the dork I am, was decked out in Army gear, he asked if I was in. I told him I was in the process of joining the Army..."Why not Marines?" I really didn't have a good answer for him. I'm assuming he was a Marine...Then my mom kept yelling at me because I was so freakin' antsy from all the caffeine and shit...and she told me that she did not like my bridge piercing...And she found out I had a tattoo because my sleeves were rolled up far enough to show part of the tattoo on my back...blah! She didn't even help me carry my bags...hah...

...that's really all that's happened so far. It's only 0846 in the morning here...but I think my body is still on Michigan time. I haven't done jack squat yet...I'm gonna go out and walk around my mom's neighborhood here shortly to see if I can rollerblade around...make sure there aren't any hills that are too steep...

4 Comments:

  • At 05 April, 2006 11:11, Blogger SuGaRBuTT said…

    Haha...does my life sound more exciting than it actually is!?

     
  • At 05 April, 2006 14:57, Blogger SFC B said…

    Chelsea+Rollerblades+Hills=________

    As for why you didn't want to join the Marines? "I don't want to be part of the Navy," is always a good response.

     
  • At 05 April, 2006 15:17, Blogger SuGaRBuTT said…

    Chelsea + rollerblades + hills = hospital...

     
  • At 07 April, 2006 01:48, Blogger JL said…

    You may want to check this site out if you haven't already. http://armybasictraining.blogspot.com

    This guy wrote an excellent account of Army Basic. I went through basic at this same post in 1993 and it sounds like things haven't changed a bit. Dang blog brought back alot of memories.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home