Not as Easy as It Looks

This is just the mindless ramblings of a college graduate (double major in political science and criminal justice) and her attempts to join the United States military. You better start here...

25 April 2006

Perfect!!


"I went to a fight the other night and a hockey game broke out."
Rodney Dangerfield


Oh man, do I ever love this time of the year! Hockey playoffs!! My team, the Avalanche, almost didn't make it. The Avs game that I went to when I was out in Denver was a make-it-or-break-it game for 'em, and luckily they won. They're 7th seed and playing Dallas in the first round. Dallas is a formidable opponent opponent...they are 2nd in the Western Divison after all...Anywayyyy...My Avs are up 2-0...KICK ASS!! And Detroit, the team I HATE the most, are tied with the Oilers (8th seed)...I have a feeling Detroit ain't gonna make it outta the first round...But last night was a good night...Hockey games all over the place...My friend, Shanny (the one I consider responsible for my hockey passion), came over and we watched the Devils-Rangers (4-1), Canucks-Hurricanes (6-5 Double OT), and Avs-Stars (5-4 OT) games (The Sabres also blew away the Flyers, 8-2). It's nice to be able to watch hockey with someone who appreciates the game. Yes, sadly, alcohol was involved, but it's a necessity. Hockey games are best viewed with an alcoholic beverage in hand...It's gonna be a longgggggggg playoff series.

So yesterday, I got my body fat tested again. The last time I had it done was in January. I'm still under 20%, which is all I want right now...Afterwards, my boss and I were talking about ways to lean out my legs. She decided I needed to train them again since I haven't trained them in forever. O...M...G! I cannot move today...It was not fun. Band sqats...TEN sets. We'd do as many reps as possible in 30 seconds, rest a minute, then go again. Did five sets with black bands, then another five with black AND green bands. It wasn't fun. After some more leg work, she decided the best way to finish it up was with walking lunges on the treadmill. FUCK FUCK FUCK! I walked (okay, limped) into the gym this morning ready to attack. If I could have moved. I tried running. Wow. Pain. And for some reason, my shoulder was bugging me, so I asked my other boss if he had some muscle rub. Bad decision. DO NOT accept muscle rub from a powerlifter. Those fuckers use some strong ass shit, lemme tell you! I think I have third degree burns on my shoulder. *sigh*

Anyway...that's really all that's been going on today. OH! Found a reason the Marines might be a tad better than the Army - Marines sponsor a "Player of the Game" in the NHL...Army sponsors a NASCAR car. Hmm...Hockey or NASCAR? HOCKEY!!!

6 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home