Not as Easy as It Looks

This is just the mindless ramblings of a college graduate (double major in political science and criminal justice) and her attempts to join the United States military. You better start here...

02 May 2006

Stepping Stone


“Please tell your government and everyone in your office to go fuck themselves.”
Henry Rollins (sooo hot!)


Haha...my sentiments exactly! Kinda. So, I've been thinking a lot lately. I'm 22, right? Yeah, I am. Army cut-off age is 42. I got twenty years of eligibility left. I should get out of Michigan and get a real job. Or another degree. I was looking online earlier today and found a shit-ton (that's a lot in the metric system) of openings for Border Patrol Agents...Hmm...It's a phsyically demanding job (for the most part), would be in an area that I got my degree in (Criminal Justice), and is in National Security (Customs and Border Protection is now part of the Department of Homeland Security). I figure I could put in some time doing that, save some cash, gain residency in Texas (where they're hiring), then apply for grad school at Texas A&M to get my Masters in International Affairs with a concentration in National Security Affairs. After all that, I could then re-try for the military and still be relatively young. I'm just trying to have a backup plan, ya know? My body can only take so much of one thing at a time...

...oh, and I went to a bodybuilding show this past week. I got bit by the competition bug. I could do that shit. Man, there was this one girl on stage in the figure division that should not have been there. She had to be a good 170lbs and sitting at well over 30% body fat. She had no defintion whatsoever! It was sickening. I wanna know who told her she looked good enough to get on stage in a figure suit (ever seen those things!?). I mean, I'm in better shape than she is! OH! If I did do a show, it would be a drug-tested one. I couldn't hang with the 'roided up shemales. There was one sitting behind me and I swear at first I thought she was a gay male with whacked-out fashion sense. Hell, even when she talked, she sounded like a gay guy. It wasn't until her friends started calling 'her' Rose that I realized she was infact a 'she' who happened to be on steroids. I kid you not, she looked like Chris Kattan's Saturday Night Live character, Mango - that is, if Mango did steroids:



Apparently she was 2005 Novice Michigan Bodybuilding Champion...


The two shows I've considered doing are in late September and early October. Maybe. I talked to my friend, who's a competitor, and he's offered to help with the diet and training if I'm serious about it. We'll see. Maybe.

2 Comments:

  • At 03 May, 2006 13:04, Blogger SC said…

    Actually the cutoff is 40. IOW you have to leave for basic before your 40th Bday. The danger is that a million, billion, gazillion things can happen between now and then to keep you from joining. Just be carefull about assuming the Army will always be there for you.

     
  • At 05 May, 2006 10:51, Blogger SuGaRBuTT said…

    You shoulda seen her in person! I was just in shock...haha...and I couldn't get Mango outta my head...and his li'l sparkly gold shorts...haha...=)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home