Not as Easy as It Looks

This is just the mindless ramblings of a college graduate (double major in political science and criminal justice) and her attempts to join the United States military. You better start here...

08 February 2006

Happy Hump Day

“The more sweat in training, the less blood on the battlefield.”
General Patton


If this is true, right now, I should never see any blood, EVER! On my quest to fulfill my promise to my recruiter to be within 5 pounds of where I need to be by this week, I have probably sweated off, ohhh...shit...10 pounds minimum. Haha...it's exhausting, to say the least. And the diet part is kinda hard...trying not to eat that much. But I decided to incorporate natty peanut butter, so that way my cravings are under control. However, I'm definitely feeling it. This morning, I got on the treadmill to run (since its HELLA cold out right now, and snowy)...couldn't. My body was like, "No ma'am." Hah...so I walked, quickly...at an incline...for an hour. I don't know how those other people can walk that long...I get bored very easily. At least I had ESPN to entertain me (I ALWAYS watch ESPN when doing cardio). Anyway, this week I've been doing three hours of cardio a day - 1.5 hrs in the morning and 1.5 hrs in the afternoon, making sure to burn 1,000 calories (minimum) each time, according to my heart-rate monitor (which I love and recommend EVERYONE get one!).

I also taught my first spin class last night...well, "indoor cycling." My friend Erik put it simply, "So, you're teaching people how to ride stationary bikes?" Hah...it's harder than that! At least my classes are!! It was okay...everyone was sweating by the end. I love that shit! My other friend Kevin was like, "But you're a runner, not a cyclist!" Hehe...it was cool to be called a runner by someone like him. I mean, he's a competitive speed skater and totally rocks...so, yeah...I had a slight ego-boost from that. Anyway, my favorite workout is to go for a nice 5-mile run (outside) and then hop on a spin bike and do a fun 75-minute ride. GREAT!! Seriously though, I love it.

That's really all that's been going on with me. Spending OODLES of time in the gym...and sleeping. Hah...

...and, by the way, right after I posted my last entry, my profile updated...Yay...That picture of me reminds me of pictures of my dad from when he was in the Corps...crazy. Very rarely do I look like anyone in my family. And SFC B, notice the LABRET piercing...haha...Sorry! I still find that humorous!! =)

2 Comments:

  • At 08 February, 2006 15:45, Blogger SFC B said…

    Jeez... this is worse than the time in grade school when I had to do a diagram of the bones in the body and wrote "scrotum" in the blank for sternum.

     
  • At 11 February, 2006 17:26, Blogger Mommy said…

    It's great to hear that you are still going strong. It sounds like you really want this, so keep fighting. It really isn't as easy to serve in the military as everyone thinks! I'm still fighting my medical waiver and want to join so bad I can taste it. Hang in there...tracy

     

Post a Comment

<< Home