Not as Easy as It Looks

This is just the mindless ramblings of a college graduate (double major in political science and criminal justice) and her attempts to join the United States military. You better start here...

16 February 2006

Semi-Rant

“The basic difference between an ordinary man and a warrior is that a warrior takes everything as a challenge, while an ordinary man takes everything as a blessing or a curse.”
Carlos Castaneda


Okay, I'm in a funk and I need to rant, so please bear with me...

The weather outside is crappy. The roads are covered in ice and slush. I have ZERO moto to get my ass out there and run. I mean, shit, I don't wanna slip and fall. To be quite honest, though, I think my lack of running is why I've been so down lately. I mean, I run on the treadmill, but hell...what good is that? It's boring and, well...boring. I wanna lift again. I want to get back into a structured lifestyle/diet, yet every time I start too, something comes up - like, having to drop weight for the Army. Apparently, they don't want you strong, just skinny. Blah. I have legs like fuckin' granite, but they're thick. *sigh* Seriously.

Speaking of diet, I'm thinking next week, I'm going to subsist on whole grain English muffins with natty PB, rice, and Diet Mt. Dew. That'd be okay, right? Hah...carbs, protein, and caffeine - the only things I need. Might throw in a protein shake.

I have set a deadline of the end of March...of course, knowing me, if I don't meet it, I'll push the deadline out (after all, I still have 18 years to enlist before I'm deemed too old). There really is nothing more I want to do with my life than serve my country. So, to tie this to my QOTD (that's "Quote of the day" for all y'all that might be lost), my challenge is to be able to enlist (again) by the end of March. What this entails:

1) No more drinking. Really. I mean it this time.
2) STRICT diet...I'm going to keep a food journal. And lots of water.
3) A good workout routine/plan...and one that I can stick to. This will include pushups, situps, and some running every day. EVERY day.
4) Adequate sleep.
5) Proper supplementation.


So, yeah. That's what's up right now. I guess that's not really a rant. I mean, I could bitch about the stupid Army regulations (I mean, seriously...you're gonna tell me that by measuring my wrist/forearms/neck/waist and factoring in my height/weight will give you an adequate body fat percentage!? Please!), but I figure I do that enough.

Anyway, it's 22:41...I think it's bedtime for Chelsea. G'nite y'all...

4 Comments:

  • At 17 February, 2006 21:05, Blogger Mommy said…

    Thanks for the congrats Chelsea. You're still closer than I am at this point...hang in there!! It will all be worth it in the end.

     
  • At 18 February, 2006 21:39, Blogger Mommy said…

    Chelsea, quick question. Did you ever consider going the OCS route since I believe you have your degree already?? Just curious.

     
  • At 20 February, 2006 12:08, Blogger Soxfan said…

    Yeah I feel your pain about the whole "giving up" drinking to get in shape. I think I've done it at least 3 or 4 times since I signed my contract in september. I actually managed to stop for 2 weeks at one point but stupid peer pressure won out in the end. Keep tryin and keep workin hard

     
  • At 22 February, 2006 18:00, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Why aren't you applying for OCS???

    There is currently a 100% selection rate for civilian applicants and the army projects it will be 3,500 active duty officers short in 2007. That is where motivated folks with degrees are needed.

    Join the forums:

    www.armyocs.com

     

Post a Comment

<< Home