Not as Easy as It Looks

This is just the mindless ramblings of a college graduate (double major in political science and criminal justice) and her attempts to join the United States military. You better start here...

27 January 2006

Chillaxin'

I don't think I've ever seen 70-80 degree weather, in January, in my whole life...it makes me giggle because I think of all my friends back home where they're lucky if it gets above freezing right now...but then I remember that I'll be back there...blah...Maybe I should move here...

Anyway...I just wanted to write this post to recommend a book that I am currently reading. Of course, this recommendation only applies if you're in, have been, or will be in the military. It's called The Kinder, Gentler Military: How Political Correctness Affects Our Ability to Win Wars by Stephanie Guttman. It's about how weak the training for the military has gotten. VERY GOOD so far...I kinda agree...But that just might be because my personality is a little different then other people's are. I mean, I enjoy getting the shit beat outta me and stuff (okay, not LITERALLY, but I like a nice shove every once in a while!)...So, read it! If I knew my recruiter could read, I'd make him read it...he might get a kick outta it...haha...Speaking of my recruiter, he has once again gone MIA...I don't even think he knows I'm in Texas...My friend wants me to switch to her recruiter...Eh...we'll see where I'm at with everything when I get back home...For now, I'm not even gonna stress about it...yay...=)

...dammit! In my search for the author of that book, I'm finding others I wanna read...Guess they'll be goin' on my Wish List so I remember 'em!!

2 Comments:

  • At 28 January, 2006 01:29, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi, just ran into your blog through a link...You should be incredibly proud of what you have accomplished. Personally, at this point though, I would go ahead and go with the 96B. Perhaps I am just prejudiced as one of my brothers is currently in MI, from SF Airborne. At any rate, best of luck to you and keep up the determination. God Speed & God Bless.

     
  • At 29 January, 2006 10:46, Blogger SFC B said…

    If you're thinking of switching recruiters let me suggest the beautiful Phoenix area as your place to enlist! Weather is the same as Texas, but without all that annoying rain.

    LoL

     

Post a Comment

<< Home